Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Graduation


What an amazing whirlwind of a weekend. We went to Ohio to celebrate graduation and visit with Shannon's parents. I think we attended 5 graduation parties, 2 church services, and played a great game of Rook with the Anderson's (the girls won by the way...CAW, CAW!!!) I realized this weekend how truly blessed we are with such an awesome support network of friends and family. It is so humbling to realize how unworthy we are of God's blessings, yet He blesses us anyway! We were definitely overwhelmed by the love and encouragement we received. I just wish I could give back in some way. Thanks to everyone who made this weekend special. Be confident that you are in our prayers! Your partnership in the gospel is such a blessing!

It was a great graduation present for Taylor to be able to spend the weekend with her friends and family! I was so proud of my niece's Breanna and Savannah and their achievements. Breanna gave the farewell address at graduation and did so well. I still can't figure out when they grew up. My favorite quote of the weekend was from one of Taylor's friends, David Lazar. He was looking through Breanna's scrapbook and the pictures of Taylor and Bre as they grew up. He said, "Boy, Taylor and Bre had some rough years, didn't they?" HAHAHAHAHA They sure did, but they have grown into beautiful young women with a real love for serving God. What more could we ask for?

No comments: