Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Update from Belize

Shannon sent in this email today. It was so good to hear from him! I wanted to share a little of what he is experiencing in Belize.

Keep them all in your prayers!



Everything is good here, I hope everything is well there with the kids and all. I've been praying for you. The weather is good and it is very cool at night. This is the first time that my feet have been cold since Ohio. We have been cutting down several trees. We have quite a crew of stump diggers. You thought you had ants in Florida, they have been eating me up every day. I duct taped my pants today and it helped a little bit. I am getting to be quite a chainsaw mechanic as I am in practice on an hourly basis. It is beautiful here, we went to Honey camp lagoon and I picked up some shells for the girls. It is very comfortable here with the cool nights and a very good shower that is refreshingly cool. We had a flock of parrots flying along the bus as we came in, it was pretty cool. We find tarantulas everyday and scorpions but they don't harm you as bad as the ANTS. The tarantulas are very friendly and do not sting or bite. I hope all is well I burned my arm on a chainsaw muffler but it is fine, I put some silvadine on it. Mike has been fun and Cindy and Bill are good to work with.

Shannon is enjoying the Caedman's Call CD and he mentioned that he really likes the song "Sacred" I thought I would share those lyrics with you. If I haven't mentioned it yet, we love the new CD...it's called "Overdressed". I recommend you all go and buy it right now! :)

Sacred
The house is a good mess
It's the proof of life
no way I would trade jobs
but it don't pay overtime
i'll get to the laundry
i don't know when
i'm saying a prayer tonight
come tomorrow it starts again
could it be that everything is sacred?

and all this time
everything i've dreamed of
has been right before my eyes
the children are sleeping
but they're running through my mind
the sun makes them happy
and the music makes them unwind
my cup runneth over
and i worry about the stain
teach me to run to You
like they run to me for every little thing

when I forget to drink from You
I can feel the banks harden
Lord make me like a stream
to feed the garden
Wake up little sleeper
The Lord God Almighty made your mamma keeper
So rise and shine, rise and shine

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite songs!!!!
:-)